Background by Freepik

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Peachy News: Victoria Scott Answers One Big Question About The Liberator (Dante Walker#2)!

So if you are a big fan of Victoria Scott's The Collector (Review), which was published April 2nd 2013, you may have heard that the sequel, The Liberator, already has its synopsis out, and that there has been quite some expression of diverse opinions regarding the fact that there will be a new female character starring in the series. 

Some readers made various assumptions that there may be a love triangle, and for that reason already disapproving the sequel and the possible direction the series may be heading; so Ms. Scott has been very clever to clear the air on her blog on what the new female character will 'represent' in The Liberator. 


"Victoria, will there be a love triangle in THE LIBERATOR?

I’ll say this–I am NOT a fan of love triangles. Aspen’s introduction is crucial to Dante’s spiritual and psychological journey, but that doesn’t mean she’s there to sexually entice him. I want readers to give our girl Aspen a chance, because she’s had a hard life and takes blows like a champion.


What I hope to accomplish in THE LIBERATOR is to show readers Dante’s evolution, or lack thereof, and Aspen helps us understand that. It’s as simple, and as complex, as that.







 At the end of Victoria Scott's blog post she wrote the following 3 points:


"Before I sign off, I want to share three nuggets of information:

  1. THE LIBERATOR will not be a Team Aspen vs. Team Charlie book, though I do anticipate that readers will bond with one girl more than the other depending on individual personalities.
  2. A shiny, new excerpt from THE LIBERATOR will be sent to the V Mafia next week! 
  3. This is Aspen’s song:"



I am super stoked, especially about point 1 and 2. Truthfully, I have always despised the 'Team this person Team that person' syndrome  and I feel like it is a distraction of what the story is actually about and the message it tries to bring forth. Hence I am happy to hear that Victoria Scott is making it clear that this will "not be tolerated" in The Liberator, haha ;)

Point 2 I DEFINITELY love, seeing that I just became a fresh new member of Victoria's VMafia family! I can't wait to read and share the excerpt with you all, so make sure to check back soon next week to get an exclusive sneak peak!! :)




Synopsis of The Liberator:

Bad boy, meet bad girl.

Dante has a shiny new cuff wrapped around his ankle, and he doesn't like that mess one bit. His new accessory comes straight from Big Guy himself and marks the former demon as a liberator. Despite his gritty past and bad boy ways, Dante Walker has been granted a second chance.

When Dante is given his first mission as a liberator to save the soul of seventeen-year-old Aspen, he knows he’s got this. But Aspen reminds him of the rebellious life he used to live and is making it difficult to resist sinful temptations. Though Dante is committed to living clean for his girlfriend Charlie, this dude’s been a playboy for far too long…and old demons die hard.

With Charlie becoming the girl she was never able to be pre-makeover and Aspen showing him how delicious it feels to embrace his inner beast, Dante will have to go somewhere he never thought he’d return to in order to accomplish the impossible: save the girl he’s been assigned to, and keep the girl he loves.


The Liberator's expected publication date is to be August 13th, 2013! What do you think of this statement from Victoria Scott? Are you happy like I am that there will most probably be no love triangle?

4 comments:

  1. I'm really torn. I want to read this, but I hate love triangles and anything remotely close.
    What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually love, love traingles! But I would really not like to see it in The Liberator. And seeing that Victoria Scott herself doesn't like love triangles, there most probably won't one :) Fingers crossed!! :)

      Delete
    2. I'll give it a try then. :D

      Delete
    3. Yay, good choice! Curious to know what you'll think of it once it's out :)

      Delete